- Published on 12 May 2021
Guest Editors: Fernando Bresme, Bjørn Hafskjold, Werner Köhler and François Montel.
Submissions are invited for a Topical Issue of EPJ E on “Thermal non-equilibrium phenomena in fluid mixtures”.
This special issue includes work presented at the international Meeting on Thermodiffusion. This was no. 14 in the series started in Toulouse in 1994. During the three decades since the start, our knowledge of coupled heat- and mass transport processes has grown, and we have seen many new applications of this knowledge. The purpose of this special issue is to present recent advances to the wider scientific community.
Topics to be covered include but are not limited to:
- Theoretical, experimental, and numerical methods to investigate thermodiffusion and thermophoresis in multicomponent mixtures
- Non equilibrium thermodynamics of fluids under thermal stress
- Non-equilibrium fluctuations in thermally inhomogeneous fluids
- Macromolecular solutions, airborne particles, colloidal suspensions, and biological fluids: the thermophoresis case
- Thermodiffusion in porous media and enhanced oil recovery
- Soret-driven hydrodynamic instabilities and convective patterns
- Thermodiffusion effects in crystal growth and polymer processing
- Thermodiffusion in microgravity
- Thermodiffusion in biological transport
- Applications of thermal diffusion
Original research papers, Reviews, and Colloquium-type articles focusing on latest experimental, theoretical or computational advancements on the topic of thermal non-equilibrium phenomena are welcome. We invite contributors to communicate their intention to submit manuscripts for this Topical Issue to the Guest Editors as soon as possible. Please provide the tentative title of the paper and a short abstract. The full manuscripts should be submitted before the deadline directly to the EPJ E Editorial Office at https://www.editorialmanager.com/epje/.
Deadline for submission: December 31st 2021.
Submissions should be clearly identified as intended for the Topical Issue on “Thermal non-equilibrium phenomena in fluid mixtures”. Papers will be published continuously and will appear as soon as accepted on the journal website. The electronic version of the Topical Issue will contain all accepted papers in the order of publication. All submitted papers will be refereed according to the usual high standards of the journal. More information about EPJE, including instructions for authors is available at http://epje.epj.org/.
Guest Editors of the Special issue:
EPJ E is a hybrid journal offering Open Access publication via the Open Choice programme. We have a growing number of Springer Compact “Publish and Read” arrangements which enable authors to publish OA at no direct cost (all costs are paid centrally). As of May 2021 this list includes Austria, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Qatar, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK. For further information on eligible authors please consult the list of “Transformative Read and Publish agreements” on https://www.springernature.com/gp/open-research/institutional-agreements.